Ration card is one of the most important documents for each and every citizen. It is a legal document which is issued by the authority of State Government for all the citizens of India who are eligible to obtain a ration card. Usually in government offices, it is referred to as a Household Consumer card (HCC). It is basically used as an identity proof of a citizen as it comes with the photo affixed on it. A ration card is also used to apply for other legal documents like passport, domicile certificate, voter ID card and many more.
Jharkhand state government is laying all its finest efforts to deliver all the services to all the citizens. Jharkhand is one of the fast developing states in India which has now set a complete procedure online for filing application. The government has introduced a new method of application which is quite simple and moreover the process of applying for a ration card online can be done without any hassle. As an initiative, the Jharkhand government has planned to issue E-ration card to its citizens.
Are you a resident of Jharkhand looking to apply for a ration card? Here is a detailed application that guides you on how to apply for a ration card. Also, I will be explaining you the most important information on how to track the status of ration card online. To track ration card status online, every state has a website for the citizens who are looking to track the details of ration card. This tutorial guides you the complete procedure on how to apply and track the status of ration card.
Types of Ration Card
The state government of Jharkhand issues three distinct types of ration cards to the people. Here are the three different types of ration cards:
- Ration card for Below Poverty Line People
Families who belong to the below poverty line are entitled to get ration card under which they can avail special subsidies. The Jharkhand government would give Antodaya Anna Yojana (AAA) to the below poverty line people that make them eligible for availing various facilities from the government, Especially, this ration card is available for people living in rural and urban areas.
- Ration card for above poverty Line People
The government has fixed a specific level of income for the people who are above poverty line. The Jharkhand government issues a ration card for those who are living in both rural and urban areas.
- Ration Card for people above 65 years of Age
People who have more than 65 years of age and who live without any kind of support from anyone and without receiving old age pension, the Jharkhand government would give Annapurna ration card. This scheme is basically for the old people in order to support them and fulfil their basic necessities. Both the people from rural and urban areas will get coverage under this plan.
Application Form for Ration Card (Jharkhand)
As the government of Jharkhand has initiated a new E-ration card, people can apply for a ration card online with much ease. One must fill necessary details online and download the application form for the ration card. You need to enclose the following documents along with the filled-in online application form.
- Tax receipt from Municipality Household Tax Collector
- Current receipt of Rent for your Land
Applicant has to enclose the following documents including the online application form.
For Residence Proof:
Applicant needs to submit the address or residence proof which is necessary for the inspectors to verify the details of the applicant.
- Water or Electricity bill
- Certificate given by the Head of Village, Panchayat Sevak, Nigam Parishad or a Tax collector that you are eligible to get a Ration card.
- Telephone Bill of your Landline connection
- Voter Identity Card
- Pan Card from Income-Tax Department
- Passbook from your bank
- Driving License
How to Apply for the Ration Card in Jharkhand 2017?
Check out the step-by-step procedure that guides you in the best way to apply for a ration card:
- Applicant has to fill an application form either online or at a concerned area office.
- The applicant needs to submit the duly filled-in online application form with all necessary enclosures in the office of the supply department of your block.
- Applicant needs to fill in all the required information that includes name of the head of the family, age, complete address, information of the property etc.
- Once after submitting the application form, the applicant will receive an acknowledgment receipt in which the expected date of delivery of ration card will be mentioned.
- Later, an inquiry officer would visit your house and verifies whether all the information which you have mentioned in the application form is correct or not.
Ration card Jharkhand application form download below from the given link:
How to Check the Status of Ration Card (Jharkhand State)
In order to check the status of your ration card, you can simply click on Application status. You need to enter your details such as Ration card reference number. You can find the reference number on the Application form of your ration card. You will be now able to track the status of ration card online.
Just click on the above link to visit the official website wherein you will be able to check the status of your ration card just by entering your reference number. Hope you find all the necessary information regarding the application procedure and other info for applying ration card in Jharkhand.
So, if you have any doubts regarding applying for ration card or checking ration card status Jharkhand or any name corrections, including application form downloading, you can drop a comment below and we will help you as soon as possible.